Skip to content
- Get paper copies. Of course, you need to keep your passport with you while you are in a foreign country. It’s better to keep a photo copy as well.
- Inform your credit card company. You may want to let your credit card company know that you are going to use the card. This will help avoid any issues that may arise in case the company assumes your credit card is stolen.
- Hold newspapers. It’s better to hold any newspaper that you may have subscribed to. This is to keep the burglars from knowing that you are away for a few days.
- Consider a house sitter. When you are away, it’s better to have someone in your house. You can consider someone in your community for this job.
- Look for a gardener. If you have a lawn in your house, the plants need to be watered and taken care of while you are away. Therefore, make sure you ask someone to do the job. You may even pay them for the service.
- Remove the spare key.Some people have a spare key to their house in case they need it in an emergency. If you also have one, make sure you remove it or take it with you.
- Drop the curtain. Burglars may look into your house if the curtains are not dropped. So, make sure you drop all of the curtains before you leave your house.
- Activate a timer. To reduce the likelihood of burglary even further, consider installing a timer to turn on a few lights at night automatically.
- Switch off water supply. You may consider turning off the water supply to different appliances in your house, such as ice-makers, dishwashers, washing machines and toilets.