Adults Only – Where only 18 years of age and older are permitted. These resorts are perfect for both couples and single adults and sometimes families with older teenagers. Most resorts that are labeled as adults only will allow 16 and up as well, so it’s important to read the fine print to ensure that the right atmosphere is achieved. Any couple that wants to avoid singles should search for couples’ resorts.
Adult-Oriented – These resorts cater to everyone, but are adult themed. The minimum age range is usually 12 or 13 but it depends on the resort. This is great for families with older kids that don’t want to deal with the craziness of younger ones.
Couples Only – To rekindle romance, celebrate and anniversary or wedding or just have some couple time these resorts are for only couples. There are no singles or adult families allowed at these resorts. These are very popular and actually necessary for couples to continue to enjoy their relationship. They’ve shown to help those lacking romance.
There are so many locations to consider when booking resorts. Resorts are establishments that offer a variety of options for both recreation and relaxation. Finding good resorts is important to the overall experience for all. Basic types include:
- Beachside Resorts – Have easy access to the beach and many beach activities including skiing, boating, fishing, parasailing, surfing and more.
- Golfing Resorts – Expect the greens and views to be spectacular in a golfer’s paradise.
- Luxurious Resorts – Luxury resorts offer the best amenities to help one feel like royalty.
- Lakeside Resorts – The lake is a great escape for anyone who wants to wake up and enjoy the serenity, and they’re often found in quaint little towns fun to explore.
- Island Resorts – Sun, sand and tropical drinks as well as plenty of outdoor activities are featured.
- Mountain Resorts – Serenity and spectacular views for nature lovers
- Skiing Resorts – Anyone who enjoys the slopes will love a ski resort for snowboarding and skiing as well as many other snow-laden activities.
- Spa Resorts – The perfect place to relax and rejuvenate from stresses of everyday life.
- All Inclusive Resorts – These feature accommodations, activities and meals.